Planning a weekend getaway while attending the 2017 Twin Tiers Mini Maker Faire? We have compiled an extensive list of the Twin Tiers’ most popular attractions:
- Corning Museum of Glass
- Located in Corning, NY, the Corning Museum of Glass is renowned for its displays of the world’s best collections of art and historical glass.
- Go to cmog.org for more information and to plan your visit
- Address: One Museum Way – Corning, NY 14830
- The Rockwell Museum
- Located in Corning, NY, the Rockwell Museum is the only Smithsonian affiliate in Upstate New York.
- “The Rockwell Museum tells the story of the American experience through fine art. Housed within the Old City Hall building of Corning, this diverse collection includes a mix of nineteenth-century American paintings, historic bronzes, and Indian artifacts as well as twentieth-century modernists, illustration art, and contemporary photography. Featured galleries represent the works of Andy Warhol, the Taos Society of Artists, and masterworks of Remington and Russell.”
- Address: 111 Cedar St, Corning, NY 14830
- Wings of Eagles Discovery Center
- Located in Horseheads, NY, Wings of Eagles has a wide range of aircraft, replicas, missiles, flight simulators, and many other aerospace items on display.
- Address: 339 Daniel Zenker Dr, Horseheads, NY 14845
- National Soaring Museum
- Located in Elmira, NY, and situated on top of renowned soaring destination Harris Hill, the National Soaring Museum is one of only two U.S. museums focused on motorless flight. Explore the rich history of Soaring within the Twin Tiers.
- Address: 51 Soaring Hill Dr, Elmira, NY 14903
- Glenn H. Curtiss Museum
- Located in Hammondsport, NY, this museum is dedicated to the memory of pioneer aviator, Glenn Curtiss, and contains a priceless collection relating to early aviation and local history.
- Address: 8419 State Route 54 Hammondsport, NY 14840