Power Tool Drag Race
Please use this form to sign up for the race so we know you plan to participate:
Power Tool Drag Race Registration
The race will take place during the Maker Faire from 12pm-2pm near Olympia Sports in the mall.
Prizes will be awarded to the fastest tools and for best in show!
See below for rules & regulations.
Handheld Power Tools:
- Racers must be based on electric handheld power tools.
- For the purposes of the event this is defined as any tool that is designed handheld operation by a single individual.
- This includes tools like circular saws, belt sanders, orbital sanders, drills, Dremels and so forth.
No Large tools Allowed:
- Large tools, stationary tools or tools with combustion engines are excluded from the event.
- Battery powered tools are permitted but are not preferred.
- Modifications to the tool’s case are permitted however the tool’s motor must remain stock.
- Power from the motor may be delivered to the wheels via belts, chains, etc.
- Direct drive is also allowed.
- Additional parts, such as wheels, frames, guides and so on are permitted and can be added as desired.
- No blades or flames allowed!
- The dimensions of a racer must not exceed 12 inches in width in order for it to fit the race track.
- Each side of the track has 3.5″ tall rails intended to keep the racer within the lane.
- Guide wheels or similar are permitted.
- During a race, the racer must stay within the boundaries of the lane.
- Due to the nature of the event these machines can be very fast.
- Entrants’ racers will be inspected prior to the event in order to make sure they adhere to the guidelines and will not present a hazard to spectators or operators.
We reserve the right to disqualify a racer at any time.